Saturday, November 29, 2008

Parents.

In 20 years of my life, I've never seen so much pain in someone before.

I really thanked my brother for being there for me and cared for me with all his heart. What i'm doing right now, hardly match up for the things he's done for me, but I would still proceed with it.

There are many type of parents in this globe that we live in.

Not too long ago, I read an article from The Star, mentioning that parents do not have a course or a guide to qualify them as parents. Gary mentioned that there should be institution to guide parents on how to be a good parent. Probably we should be one too.

In life, before we actually want to guide someone, mentor, teach or be a role model to wrap it all, we must question ourselves, how much do our life values, belief and principles weigh against the world? Or in fact, do we have any of those?

Do we have a personal deep philosophy of life that we hold strongly to and would want others to look at life the same way you do?

If we can hardly take good care of ourselves, to know that we're matured enough, emotionally stable enough, how can we even guide or influence others?

It's true that life is a never ending, learning journey. But there is a point in life where you come to a stable sense of reasoning, of having your personal values and belief and would want to live life to it's fullest.

There is a difference in being a parent and a guardian. A parent would pour love on to their child, guide them to understand life and understand them in every possible way. To be there for them when they're hurt and to protect them from danger. To get to know their potential life partner, to see whether he/she suits your child (considering the fact that if you really know your child well) and then show support in all ways possible.

Sometimes, it amazes me that certain individuals can be so numb and hard headed that they just don't know why are they even living life for.

I just need prayers for them right now.

God bless.

No comments: