Sunday, July 6, 2008

ESWC 2008 Malaysia

Going to sidetrack on the Ripple Effect Series, as for the last 3 days, I've been attending the ESWC (Electronic Sports World Cup) 2008 of Malaysia in 1 Utama near the Oval.



Games such as Warcraft III, The Frozen Throne (TFT), DotA (Defense of the Ancients) and Counter Strike (CS) were held there. Sadly, for the spectators, it's a whole lot of standing up with your legs in order to get a decent view of the players gaming.



Numerous occasions, cameras was pointed at me and so I assume that my face would appears somewhere in the media. In fact, they interviewed me on my opinion about the entire event. Mostly positive remarks, only one negative remark which they would most probably erase/crop off from the interview video.

"Actually, about the tables where the gamers are gaming. I mean, look at it, it's not leveled compared to neighbouring table. It would be hard for him to move his mouse. (I showed it with my hand gesture that it's hard to move around)"

The cameraman looked at me, and suddenly he actually move the camera's view to wherever I pointed earlier. That was really unexpected.

Through it all, it was really worth the 3 days trip there.

1. Picked a few good stuffs as in interesting tactics and skills from good matches played.
2. Able to know the current level of Malaysia's best. Or at least according to ESWC.
3. FREEBIES.



3 Webcams (not all are shown at the picture) which me, Li Her(my gf) and Gary got.
1 Digital Cam which noob Jin Min doesn't want and gave it to me.
1 MP3 which Gary found on the floor.(And mind you, it's brand new. Still in the package)
1 Warcraft III BattleChest for answering a freebie giving out session. (ORIGINAL SOFTWARE FTW)

That would make a total worth of around .. Almost RM300 I'd say.

Oh, and KS (KingSurf) defended their reigning title of Malaysia's No.1 DotA clan. Personal congratulations to them. They'll be representing Malaysia for the Grand Finals in San Jose, California, USA in August. All the best!

Thanks for your time and stay tune for the Ripple Effect Series.


God bless, cheers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.