Sunday, April 20, 2008

Fight Choreography


Watched this movie on my anniversary.

I'm not going to type a full review on this movie, more on the fight choreography. After all, 2 biggest Hollywood martial art celebrities collaborates in this movie along with legendary fight choreographer Wu Ping, it's pretty much anticipated to see some mind blowing fight scenes.



I do admire the effort of the animators behind the scenes, a job well done for such a movie.

On the contrary, the plot is predictable and typical, the last thing you want to do is to watch it a second time.

Speaking of choreography, the chinese martial art always amuses me the most.



It's just a matter of time before directors and producers start hiring these people as hardcore stunt men. Their precision is almost close to perfection and the best part is, there's no strings attached.

Yet, there's always one main issue I always look forward in a fight choreography, which are moves that are impressive to be in "matrix mode". Yet again and again, it never seem to happen. By far, only 2 movies i watched that really made me longing to watch the entire scene again and again.

The Matrix. (This video is rather soft, you'll have to tune up the volume.)



The moves may be rather artificial, yet it's the flow of the choreography along with the concept of "matrix moves" that really blows me off.

300. (Lower your tune back to the normal volume, this video is loud.)



I do understand that those moves are clearly not chinese martial art, but my point here is the concept of the "matrix moves" that emphasizes and enhance the entire fighting scene.

I shall end this post with one last fight scene. Enjoy :)



"Throws rock."

"Bounces off the body."


Thanks for your time.

God bless, cheers.

No comments: